ho,ho,ho ... or what do you want from santa

I want Santa to bring me one, uninterrupted, 8-hour day per week where I can go into my shop and work on whatever I want to work on, period.

Your lathe has so much iron its messing up the earths magnetic field, dang!

I would like some 12L14 steel in 1/2, 3/4, and 1 inch rod - also a piece of aluminum 3X3X6 inches - I may have wished for gold - here in the south, no one knows of any other kind of steel other than rebar. Oh, and a mini boring bar!

I don't have anyone except my kids(13 & 15) to buy me presents, so I bought myself one.

A complete set of minus pin gages from .011-.625 and an 81 pc gage block set(Grade B) for $260 shipped.

Bought them from a guy on another machining site.

My last Christmas package showed up yesterday afternoon.

NOGA indicator holders.
96kyzp.jpg

2i1mwph.jpg

I am going to use the small one and fabricate an adapter to mount my old quill mount and incorporate it to the NOGA dovetail holder. I got the ideal from Will, aka Darkzero.

96kyzp.jpg

2i1mwph.jpg

96kyzp.jpg

2i1mwph.jpg

My new Glacern 5" mill vise showed up today and SWMBO was not happy about it. She didn't mind that I was getting the vise. Nope, not one bit. Not a problem. She just wasn't happy about what it took for her to get that 70 pound box in the door this afternoon!

Of course you know what I did when I got home from work.

:bannana:

Sitting on my Clausing 8520 I swear that vise looks like a six inch, but it only measures out to five. Needless to say, I am quite happy with it and I haven't even used it yet!!

Back