ho,ho,ho ... or what do you want from santa

The latest McMaster Carr catalog.

I have been wanting a new vise for my Clausing 8520 ever since I got it, as the original is not that good. Decided that a Glacern 5" would be the way to go, including the swivel base for those occasions when it is needed. Got it all on sale, too!

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

Ordered it yesterday morning, the folks at Glacern must be busy, as it shipped two hours later and on a Saturday at that. Glacern got it into the UPS tracking system, but it is still sitting there waiting for Buster Brown to pick it up. Now it is just a matter of waiting. :ups:

Terry, you are going to love that vice. I have the same one and it is sweeeeeeet.

Congrats.

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

My Christmas present showed up Friday afternoon. I had a couple of pin gauge sets that I have been eyeballing and just waiting for my time to order. On Wednesday the wife saw the email from Enco displaying the 10, 15 and 20% off coupon codes. She asked me if there was anything I needed. I just so happened to have the part numbers for the two pin gauge sets written on my dry erase board. She ordered them and they showed up Friday afternoon. It was like ordering the large set (.251"-.500") and getting the small set (.061"-.250") free.

I was also able to throw on there a small set of corner radius end mills. What a great wife.
29651w.jpg

29651w.jpg

29651w.jpg

29651w.jpg

My 9x39 mill is here, my 13x40 lathe is (supposedly) on the way, Momma bought me a iPhone 6 plus (don't let her know I found out...) and my daughter and two of my four grandchildren are showing up the day after Christmas and staying for a week. And I don't have to go into work until next year which means I get a little play time in the shop/garage.

Doesn't get much better than this for me.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years everyone. :))

Seeing all the kids/grandkids happy and healthy will do for me. I did send my wife the Amazon wish list so who knows, I might get another DTI if I'm lucky, there are no suspiciously heavy boxes, so I guess the Miller welder didn't make the cut.
:roflmao:

I don't have to go into work until next year which means I get a little play time in the shop/garage.

Doesn't get much better than this for me.

I couldn't agree more. I usually take the week between Christmas and New Year's off work to get caught up in the shop and spend some time with my son in the shop. However, this year he is working so there is no sense taking time off to stay home by myself working. I may as well save my vacation days for when my wife and I are able to get away this spring and summer.

Last I checked I had about 200 hours of personal time so I figured I'd burn a couple of weeks here at the end of the year. :)

alloy ..., just cut a hole in the roof , problem solved

Now why didn't I think of that???

I had 18 days off, but I was asked to work 3 of them for my regular pay plus time and half. Kind of a no brainer................money in the bank for a lathe that Santa probably won't bring me :)

Last edited:
Last I checked I had about 200 hours of personal time so I figured I'd burn a couple of weeks here at the end of the year. :)

Not quite that much built up but enough to escape from the 24th to the 2nd. I've been stocking up on metal so I can spend a few quality days making swarf. :)

Back