ho,ho,ho ... or what do you want from santa

There are HSS inserts that can be used instead of carbide, a company called R A Warner has them. You can find them on their website or LMS carries them.

I already have a new lathe for Christmas, and a whole bunch of new accessories as the other lathe is smaller and everything needs to be bigger.

Gift for immediate family:
After years of buying satisfactory Christmas gifts being a crap shoot, we agreed that we would create an Amazon wish list for ourselves. Suprise gifts can be added. Some may feel that that practice takes away the "magic of the season", but when the youngest child is 28, it works for us better that way.

My list for milling machine accessories and motorcycle parts has been filled.

BTW: if someone really doesn't know what to get for you, encourage them to spend the money that they would have on a gift for nonperishable food to ge given to the homeless shelter.

What do I want for Christmas ?

To see all the smiles and tears of joy on Christmas morning while I get to have my first coffee of the day in peace...

ok maybe a nice set of number drills please Santa..

we do not realy do the gift giving thing in my family , not for the adults anyway , excepting the usual trinkets and gag gifts at the family gathering .
it worked out as my brothers and sister all have kids . and getting them the things they want and need is bother enough .
and it lets my mother spoil her grandkids a bit more which makes her happy .

not having a wife or kids things are way easier for me , i carry on the fine tradition of making sure all my nephews and nieces grow up prepared for all their hunting and fishing needs .

this year my sisters boy is going to get the first bolt action centerfire rifle i ever bought , my 788 remington in 6mm , i bought it way back when i was 13 ... it cost me a full summer of tossing and stacking hay bales at $3.50 an hour .
its a bit hard to let go after all these years , but i think its time to say goodbye .

We are kinda the same way. I'll even take you to the store if that makes it easier. I like to give exactly what one wants.

As for me, I gave my wife an enco catalogue with everything I wanted circled. From cheap to expensive. I would rather have one 5 dollar gift I need or can use, then 300 bucks in stuff I cant or wont. Really I'll take nothing at all be happy over giving things just for the sake of doing so.

I'm pretty sure I have a 6in 2 piece 3 jaw and a Noga. At least she sure asked alot of questions about those two.
Gift for immediate family:
After years of buying satisfactory Christmas gifts being a crap shoot, we agreed that we would create an Amazon wish list for ourselves. Suprise gifts can be added. Some may feel that that practice takes away the "magic of the season", but when the youngest child is 28, it works for us better that way.

My list for milling machine accessories and motorcycle parts has been filled.

BTW: if someone really doesn't know what to get for you, encourage them to spend the money that they would have on a gift for nonperishable food to ge given to the homeless shelter.

I have been wanting a new vise for my Clausing 8520 ever since I got it, as the original is not that good. Decided that a Glacern 5" would be the way to go, including the swivel base for those occasions when it is needed. Got it all on sale, too!

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

Ordered it yesterday morning, the folks at Glacern must be busy, as it shipped two hours later and on a Saturday at that. Glacern got it into the UPS tracking system, but it is still sitting there waiting for Buster Brown to pick it up. Now it is just a matter of waiting. :ups:

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg

Hmmmm... what do I want for Christmas...

IMO the most important thing is for folks I know and care about to have a peaceful and fun (and hipefully not too fattening) holiday season!
I visited a Walmart a week or so ago and gave some stuff to the local TV personality's drive for foster kids.

Here are a couple of things:
*About 5000 more shares of AT&T... the dividends might almost pay for my tool budget... :lmao: (then again, they may not)...
*How about the new PM1340GT getting here on Dec 24... :rofl: given I have not even been notified it is even off the boat from Taiwan yet... :dunno:
*Here is one that may be attainable: Finding a garage sale with a SERIOUS stash of boxes of tooling... from a guy that had a hobby shop... and the wifey will take $100 for it all... just get it out of here. (Will take the machines also if she wants me to... for a reasonable price).
*How about one more HVAC system install, between Christmas and New Years... the gross profit would be nice... :)

Seriously... I have my health; my brother lost 85# this year and his health is seriously improving; my friends are all doing well; I have been blessed with more than I could ask for!!!
I have all I need (need, rather than want, being the key word)!

Merry Christmas (or whatever you choose to celebrate)... and a
Happy and prosperous New Year to all!

I want Santa to bring me one, uninterrupted, 8-hour day per week where I can go into my shop and work on whatever I want to work on, period.

i have no needs, and too many wants to list out here.

but i'm happy to say all i would want from Santa would be a hug and a handshake!

I want Santa to bring me a lathe. Might be hard to get down the chimney though :)

Back