• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to work on the work holder today. I would like to get the Mandrel done today.

"Billy G"

We are off and running. I need to bore in 3 inches on that back end of the mandrel. It sticks out of the 4 jaw 5 inches. With the help of an old friend (Steady Rest) it will hold stable to accomplish the boring operation. It will also be needed when the part is reversed in the chuck to fit the 5C collet.

"Billy G"

102_0397 (800 x 531).jpg

It may be big, but it sure does the job. :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0398 (800 x 531).jpg

My 12" Logan didn't come with a rest. And I watched oBoy, for months, to find a used rest that would fit. When this 13" clone set showed up, at a good price, I bought it, knowing I could easily cut the height down by 1/2" and weld the cast iron. Fits the ways, exactly.

T2eC16dyMFIcBioHuBSOy8ysUS60_57_zps234bc3b5.jpg

They are hard to find for sure. The OD of the Mandrel is done. No to bore the other (Big) end to fit a 5C collet.

"Billy G"

102_0399 (800 x 531).jpg

The new partially finished work head in place of the original. There is light at the end of the tunnel Right now it's just a flicker. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0400 (800 x 531).jpg

Awesome work man. Lotta tricks and examples for the old boy to learn from. Top notch man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back