• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Andy;

Bead Blast has the potential to wipe out the lines and numbers. They are .005 deep. The rest I am not sure. I have plenty of time till I get to the final finish.

"Billy G"

The bead blasting I'm familiar with would not harm the engraving. It would just give the surrounding area a lusterless "shine" (?). :thinking:

Similar to this.

STRC493ME.jpg

STRC493ME.jpg

The bead blasting I'm familiar with would not harm the engraving. It would just give the surrounding area a lusterless "shine" (?). :thinking:

Yup, just turn down the pressure. It can also be achieved by a light sanding to add "grain" or a brushed finish. I like filling in the markings with paint to really make them pop.

I understand the finish, What I am saying is the Bead Blast will make the line disappear into the finish not erode them away. It will become all one color. When buffing you don't get into the grooves like the Blast media does..

"Billy G"

The box is painted. What do you think about the color?

"Billy G"

102_0471 (800 x 531).jpg

Platinum hammered metal finish? Looks good from my house. :))

Marcel;

The can says "Rosemary Hammer Tone".

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back