• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Bill, I have been reading since the beginning and you have really knocked it out the park!! I would be happy with half your talent!! Thanks for posting

I'd hope for the half that made the parts. Not the half that tied up the spindle! :rofl:

Yes, he does a good job!

There was no choice when it came to stopping the spindle being made. I had to change the height of the work head to accommodate the 5C collet. It was raised 1/2 inch. If the spindle were done first I would have lost almost 1 inch of height adjustment. This would mean I would have had to do it twice. I'm glad I caught it when I did. Sorry about that.

Yes Dan, I know you were kidding, but I wanted all of you to know what happened. I try to cover all the bases for the new people. As for you Shayne, you do have the talent, everyone does, it just hidden right now.

"Billy G" :))

Well if I have that talent, it must be hidden deep under a thick layer of something. Things are getting better though.
Great project, can't wait to see it complete.

Stan

You won't see it when it happens. It just appears when you reach a different level. The ones that see it are your peers. It will always get better.

Marcel --- This is how the numbers will be added. They will be in perfect alignment. I built this one in my sleep. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0467 (800 x 531).jpg

All ready to try? Not quite, something is missing.

"Billy G"

102_0468 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now it's ready to use. I think I will keep this one. Finished it while taking a nap. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0469 (800 x 531).jpg

Marcel --- This is how the numbers will be added. They will be in perfect alignment. I built this one in my sleep. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"
Holy crap Bill....You must have been sleeping all day!:tiphat::LOL:

Nah -- That took about an hour or two to come up with Marcel.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point the Work Head is complete. It will be buffed out at final assembly. Time to get everything together for the Wheel Hear and assembly. The new people may be wondering about how the Division Wheel is graduated. It does not go from 0-360. It is divided into quadrants, 0-0. This is because you work in quadrants, 0-45-0. That's 0 + or - 45 degrees.

"Billy G"

102_0470 (800 x 531).jpg

That is some beautiful work Mr. Gruby. I hope to have a fraction of your knowledge and talent one of these days. Ive been around machining for years, but only recently decided to delve in myself. I dont even have my lathe yet, and am already addicted.Thanks for showing your work and I cant wait to see the finished product.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back