• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great project,Bill!! I haven't looked in the mods at work forum for a while. Will have to keep up with this better.

Bill is that sunshine peaking into your shop? I forget what that looks like.

I like that color!!

There is only one window in my shop. Yes that's sunshine. I haven't seen it in a while either. 37 degrees here today.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Paint to this point is finished. All is green. Time for a break.

"Billy G"

102_0479 (800 x 531).jpg

I was a bit skeptical about the color, not any more.

"Billy G"

102_0481 (800 x 531).jpg

Billy awesome work, and I really like the color. Now I know why. It is the color of my first lathe..Unimat db200, which I still have. Was that your inspiration? :):)

David

Great color. My original Lamello biscuit joiner has a similar finish. Mitutoyo uses something similar on some of their micrometer frames.

Same green Brian, only lighter. Today it's on to the wheel head. I would like to get the body of the spindle done and bearing races pressed in. That's 2.250 diameter 4140, 4.5 long.

"Billy G"

102_0482 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back