How Did You Handle Getting Your Lathe Home?

Yup, the riggers helped me out. Very painful for the Visa card - I got over that as soon as it was safely spotted right where I wanted it.

I'll have to post my "I got a Bridgeport" story. The 30,000# lift seem overkill for 7300# machine - the forks must have been at least 8' long. No, the forklift was not too big, with this type of machine it was hard to get close to the weight - they did everything very slowly and the move was completed very quickly. I'd do the same again.

BP Truck1.jpeg

BP Into Shop.jpeg

I've moved three machines so far, nothing dropped or broken yet (knock wood). The first was 2500lbs, the
second 4000, and the last around 8000. Have a 12000k winch on the trailer, and so far it's been up to the task of getting the machines pulled up onto the trailer. If I buy anything larger I'm going to have to upgrade the trailer and backhoe.
P1000436.JPG

Well pleased with lift gate delivery from Grizzly. In both cases they brought my item right up to the garage door on a pallet jack. Above & beyond the contract so I tipped accordingly.

.20150512 01.JPG20150512 02.JPG20150512 03.JPG20150512 04.JPG20150512 05.JPG20150512 06.JPG

When my rf-31 clone arrived, the driver was in such a hurry he unloaded the pallet and left it on the road. I'll give him credit for one thing at least, he was certainly fast as he was gone before I'd even gotten the skidsteer started. I was quite surprised that I didn't have to sign for it.

Here's a pic of the pallet, abandoned at the end of my driveway.

drop_ship.jpg

Given 700lbs is a lot less than some of the equipment others have acquired, but it still takes a bit of planning to get it moved. Once it was to the shop, I used a 2 ton shop crane to get it placed where I wanted it.

Well pleased with lift gate delivery from Grizzly. In both cases they brought my item right up to the garage door on a pallet jack. Above & beyond the contract so I tipped accordingly.

.View attachment 268152

This is nearly identical with my Griz delivery, except that the largest surface was the size of a std door rather than a garage.
De-palleting outside, and engine hoist to move the heavy stuff.

Did you wrong dtsh. Shameful really.

It's not true! Whatever they said it's all lies!!! Wait....what are you referring to? I may have done it, thought about it, or saw it; but chances are I'll never tell! :p

(long delay due to travelling for work)

A few years ago I picked up a lathe. The seller loaded it on utility trailer and I used an A-Frame and chain hoist to offload. It went smoothly.

In my younger days, maybe 30 years ago, I hauled a Bridgeport mill home in the back of a 1983 Toyota pickup, then got a wrecker to offload it. Thinking back, I can’t believe that tiny truck survived!

It's not true! Whatever they said it's all lies!!! Wait....what are you referring to? I may have done it, thought about it, or saw it; but chances are I'll never tell! :p

(long delay due to travelling for work)

I was referring to your delivery service. But, that's funny right there LOL

Back