How Do I Find This Connector?

rwm

Robert
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I apologize if this is not strictly machining although it may involve some. I know there is a lot of experience here so I though I would float out this query.
I am looking for the connector in the pic below. I actually need the mating part but knowing the number/type of this connector will get me there. Digikey only has about 20,000 styles.

1674511833214.png

The rectangular face is 8 x 6 mm. This was originally on a ski boot.
Any thoughts or guesses?

It looks like a custom plug to me- what brand of boot? Was it supposed to connect to a battery pack?
0.1 inch Berg strip headers might plug into it but the connector body looks proprietary

Surefoot. Yes, battery pack. I doubt it is proprietary but that's always possible.
Pin spacing is in the range of 2.5mm but difficult to measure exactly. Pins are probably 0.8-1.0mm range.

Last edited:
Yes, I may end up swapping out the connector entirely.

It looks like a custom plug to me- what brand of boot? Was it supposed to connect to a battery pack?
0.1 inch Berg strip headers might plug into it but the connector body looks proprietary
What he said, except 0.1 inches is almost exactly 2.4 mm, so yep. Does it need to be waterproof or anything? If not, two pins from that header strip can be poked and soldered through the board, the case, or even shrink booted at the end of a wire pigtail.

Waterproof would be ideal but I don't think its critical. I may swap out for an X-30 or something like that if I cant find it. I was just hoping someone would recognize it.

I've got a UPS power supply and a pair of low end Sony satellite speakers with those same connectors. They are familiar, but I am not surprised that they are buried in 10,000 lines of Mouser search result returns. That's not accounting for scale of the photo, just the plug. Don't know what they are called.

Contact midterm in Fresno ca.

Owner is sharp and may know what it is.

Otherwise go weatherpack.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back