How Do I Find This Connector?

Actually these are interesting. They run on 3.7v lithium in parallel for more capacity. I am debating whether to make my own battery packs or pay up for the way overpriced packs.

Just make your own, a 3.7v pack will be dead ready to make. I probably have a few flat lipo cells you can have for postage. I certainly have a pile of regular 18650 cells you can have.

Oof Pontiac, that's a sore point right now. I just spent a week very VERY carefully rebuilding my 40v/ 40 cell bike battery and it WORKED! Until I put it in the pack and knocked loose a cold solder joint on the cell monitoring side. That one little mistake = fubarred pack and a week wait for a $700 new one from the bike shop :( Still pee'd off about it..

Uff, that's a fresh scab, sorry! See, battery pack soldering is best left to the professional Bangladeshi children who make them. I've updated my advice. Thanks, Matt!

Well the pack is beautifully made in my opinion, it just doesn't work :(IMG20230119182726.jpg

Let's see... that's up, up, down, down, three up, three down, three up again... wait, let me start over. From the other corner this time. Two down, three up, two down... I'm lost, there's going to be a short in there somewhere.

I think I might jury rig it to my lawn mower battery, give it a bit more oomph. Here's proof that it worked :( Still, pee'd off!IMG20230119184705.jpg

Just walk a voltmeter through there, it will be easy to find fault.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

a closed short would be dead easy to find - there'll be a bright flash, an after glow and then the smell of burnt metal and plastic :) The batteries are very well spot welded together. The problem came from the battery protection board on the top. If it gets disconnected from any part of the battery (there are connections to each bank of four cells) then it permanently shuts down the battery and it won't turn the bike on. The wires at the top that you can see coming from the battery go to another 10 cell battery piggybacked onto the battery board to trick it into thinking it's all connected. However, when I reconnected one of the banks to the protection board (pulling out the piggyback wire VERY carefully at the same time) I must have made a cold joint that looked good, seemed good, but then opened when I was finagling it back into the case. Joint opened, protection board thought that one of the battery banks had disappeared, pack is bricked.

Back