How Do I Find This Connector?

If you have an Android phone, there is a native app on your phone called Google Lens. You take a picture of your item and Google will search for items across the internet that look like it.
The other places are Digikey, Mouser, and Newark, to name a few.

I will try Lens.
One of the issues is the connector needs to be easy to pull apart. Also the cable to the heater is a flat ribbon so it will not be straight forward to get a seal at the plug. Silicone could help there.

Doing a quick search on the inner web i found this. Looks like the heater might be made by Therm-ic or Thermic
1674573105156.png
Here is the link the image comes from:
Might help you narrow your search criteria a little.

Negative. Not that one from Mouser. Smaller.
That extension might be helpful! I could cut off the male end and I think that would do it! Ugg- $20 buck though. Its probably a $1 connector if I knew what it was.
I think we are on to something though. The Thermic heaters are probably exactly what is in the boot liner.

Last edited:
It might be possible to make a connector, using some .1" header material. Solder wires to one side, plug the other side into what you've got. Cut off a blob of epoxy putty, massage it until it's mixed up good and mold it around the wires, header and connector body. Let it set up & pull apart. If you wrap some food wrap around the epoxy and press it into place it will make a smoother surface (just for eye candy sake). I've used this approach as a quick & dirty way to turn solder-tail "D" connectors into more-robust connectors, sort of a custom housing scheme.

Some mold release on the connector would be a good idea :).

Making a connector out of epoxy is viable. I may do this for testing purposes and spend the money later if it works out.

I have had success 3D printing a housing for a bare connector.....however the pictures are currently eluding me......
Brian

Back