How do you remove metal stuck to your shoes before walking into the house?

Agree . I always wore work boots even though I was in my basement . The chips migrated thru out the upstairs no matter what I tried . My biggest problem was with the smell and smoke of the cutting oil .

I am right there with you. Have to be careful not to let the compressor kick on, only use coolant not oil, and to sweep the floor spotless before the cats decide a stainless chip from the lathe is their new spring toy (yes it has happened, yes I heard about that for a while).

It's the cats that keep me on top of my vacuuming duties. If one chip ever punctures one of their precious squishbean toepads, it's over for me. Any glint of silvery stuff that makes it out of my work area catches my eye, I dive for the floor and make it disappear. Too bad I can't pick up aluminum with a magnet...

A bigger problem is the chips on your clothes. At least that’s my biggest problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. My wife is Asian. All shoes are removed before entering house. Just a way of life!

Hmmm. My wife is Asian. All shoes are removed before entering house. Just a way of life!

I’m southern and we do the same, I was raised not wearing shoes in the house.

I have a funny story, years ago I had a car accident on the way to work, needed to call, so before I went into the house I removed my work shoes. The folks was amazed, however there was no way I’d walk in with my shop shoes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some old timers nailed a bunch of bottle caps to a board and scraped their shoes on that.

My smooth soles an my work shoes don't seem to embed any chips.

Place a chair beside your door then summon your wife. When she arrives, command her to remove the shoes and take them to the trash can. There she will remove the swarf with a pair of pliers and a ice pick. Having accomplished this task she must return them to you and lovingly place them upon your deserving and adored feet. Problem solved!

Place a chair beside your door then summon your wife. When she arrives, command her to remove the shoes and take them to the trash can. There she will remove the swarf with a pair of pliers and a ice pick. Having accomplished this task she must return them to you and lovingly place them upon your deserving and adored feet. Problem solved!
Whoo. They'd find my shoeless body still sitting in that chair after the neighbors call about that rotting stench coming from next door. By that time, my wife would already be relaxing in southern Spain.

Back