How does the Feeler turret lathe work?

I'm guessing about 1,000 lbs How would you move it?
I see two different lathes in those pics... and rust. not a deal I'd make despite having two decent accessories.
I'd wait. But I dont know your market

So , not sure if you're a serious buyer or not . For 2 g I'll pack up a DSM-59 fully tooled .

I do some small batch runs in my home shop, usually 50 pcs or less, sometimes 100-200 pcs, average 3 mins per piece, so I'm not sure how useful a turret lathe would be. Averaging < 10 hrs per week. Most jobs, so far can be done with just a single tool or a center drill + regular drill. I would have to hire someone to deliver the machine

look again.

microcut vs feeler
pay attention to the headstocks
Definitely 2 lathes mixed in pictures. Be very sure what you are buying. I’d avoid the split bed types unless it is very well tooled up. Most tooling I see is for the later style. Of course shank tooling interchanges

If there are any major repairs necessary to the spindle or drive system be very careful. Repairs get expensive very quickly. You can easily need 2000$ of parts for a $1000 lathe. Then the tooling if not included. But if you have one tooled up and it works properly they sure are fun.

i don't use my feeler much anymore. getting older. it could also be for sale.. lots of tooling but you would have to make a florida vacation to pick it up

I'm guessing about 1,000 lbs How would you move it?
crow bar on one end, get rollers under it, move it to where you can get it with a forklift or lift gate truck (uhaul has one that worked for mine that was 1,500 lbs) then do the oppisite to unload.

Definitely 2 lathes mixed in pictures. Be very sure what you are buying. I’d avoid the split bed types unless it is very well tooled up. Most tooling I see is for the later style. Of course shank tooling interchanges

If there are any major repairs necessary to the spindle or drive system be very careful. Repairs get expensive very quickly. You can easily need 2000$ of parts for a $1000 lathe. Then the tooling if not included. But if you have one tooled up and it works properly they sure are fun.
He didn't reply to my query about the 2 lathes being pictured so that makes me suspicious. I see the electrical on these is quite complicated too. Most of my batches are < 50 pcs and usually involve switching chucks for center drill, drill and tap so maybe a turret lathe is overkill.

He didn't reply to my query about the 2 lathes being pictured so that makes me suspicious. I see the electrical on these is quite complicated too. Most of my batches are < 50 pcs and usually involve switching chucks for center drill, drill and tap so maybe a turret lathe is overkill.
Once you use the little turret for 50 parts you will wonder how you ever did it on an engine lathe.

Back