How is an automatic oiler supposed to work?

Can they even really be called an orifices? Orfifice implies something you can clean up. A simple tiny hole one might pass an acetylene torch tip cleaner through. But this ain't that. I don't know what it is but it's some kind of science. In the absence of a microscope, it looks to me like the metering units might be packed with some sintered material like a pneumatic muffler is made of? I don't know. But just because I can spray brake cleaner through them does not give me a warm fuzzy that I've "cleaned" them. I feel it's safer to replace.
Read though my post that I linked to, I got mine cleaned out.
I couldn't afford the cost of new metering devices.

Read though my post that I linked to, I got mine cleaned out.
I couldn't afford the cost of new metering devices.
I hope you did, actually get them cleaned out. That's not a veiled detraction from your method or your discovery; it's an honest well wish. Personally, I never want to take this beast apart to this level again. The cost of the new metering units was an insurance I was willing to pay. I'm not even sure the ones installed were bad. I was able to blow break cleaner through them, but as I said, not convinced that indicates anything I should take comfort in. "Better safe than sorry" in my mind, and my mind likes to dwell on little uncertainties which ruin my day.

Nice - at those prices (~$9) I can afford to do the Z-Axis now. Just have to remember which ones came out of there.
$25+/ea. was a bit hard to stomach.

Yeah, there's over a dozen of the suckers on my machine. If it was down to paying that price or not, I don't know what I would have done. Well, yeah I do, but I would have been none too happy doing 3-4 each month until complete.

What sizes do you need? If I have your needed sizes I could send you some of what comes off my machine, if you want to try cleaning them.
Thanks! I appreciate that. I'll go dig through my notes and figure out what was on the 'Z' ports.
I had to plug them back when.
I still have all the stuff I used to unplug the others. Couldn't get two of them to flow though.

Nice - at those prices (~$9) I can afford to do the Z-Axis now. Just have to remember which ones came out of there.
$25+/ea. was a bit hard to stomach.

P.s. a note about that website: their pictures and descriptions are lacking at best, and outright incorrect at worst. Before you order anything, confrim the part number on the LubeUSA website; they have a cross-reference for Bijur part numbers. They have metric and imperial versions of the same part. Just ordering a FJB-1/HJB-1 is a recipe for disappointment. Order based on a p/n like 105010/185010 instead.

EDIT: I lied. LubeUSA doesn't have a bijur cross reference. I don't remember where I found that. But FJB=HJB

... clipped

EDIT: I lied. LubeUSA doesn't have a bijur cross reference. I don't remember where I found that. But FJB=HJB
I think I might have found it.
Was this it?:

I think I might have found it.
Was this it?:
Sure was! Thanks for linking to it. This has become a pretty valuable thread by now I think. Between this one and yours from 2018, I think we have provided the citizens of earth with all the best available resources for solving their way oiler woes.

Sure was! Thanks for linking to it. This has become a pretty valuable thread by now I think. Between this one and yours from 2018, I think we have provided the citizens of earth with all the best available resources for solving their way oiler woes.
Most definitely. I remember searching all over and not finding much except for solutions that cost $$$$.
I really should have removed my table at the time but my HD sawhorses are mia.

Back