How is an automatic oiler supposed to work?

Most definitely. I remember searching all over and not finding much except for solutions that cost $$$$.
I really should have removed my table at the time but my HD sawhorses are mia.
What mill do you have?

Basically when the oiler has power to it, it will administer 1 shot of oil in that time interval. You can't change the timer, but you can change the amount of the shot. It should be wired up so it is energized only when the servo motors are.
Ok and after it has administered its shot, how long should pressure remaining the lines? Does it bleed away momentarily or does it bleed off slowly over the next 27 minutes?

What mill do you have?
An oldie Series I VS 2HP Bridgeport 9x48.
Here's an original picture of mine. I can't make out the metering valve numbers though. :concerned:
*edit* Found a better picture, shows FJB on the side of the fitting.

P1070576__R.jpg[/S]

An oldie Series I VS 2HP Bridgeport 9x48.
Here's an original picture of mine. I can't make out the metering valve numbers though. :concerned:
*edit* Found a better picture, shows FJB on the side of the fitting.

View attachment 313537[/S]
Make sure you have a friend, or better yet, a machine, to help you. The table is SO heavy. I mean it looks heavy, but it's even heavier than it looks. It weighs more than the knee.

It is quite simple, the timer motor lifts a piston via a cam. The piston is spring loaded, so when the cam hits it's peak, it releases the piston to push the oil into the system. It's not a big gush, but rather a steady push of oil through the lines because only the spring is pushing it.

Back