How many people are waiting on their new PM lathes...

Mr Mike

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hopefully I only have 60 days left till my new PM-1236T arrives mid May, each day that passes makes the next day seem longer... I hate this antsy feeling cause now I want to call & see what boat its on and start tracking it like others have done.. I think maybe its because its my first new lathe.

Then I got to thinking I cant be the only one waiting, so I am curious how many others here are waiting on their new lathes too..? Is it your first new lathe..? and are you going to track it on its way..?

lol, so who else here is just dying while waiting on their new lathe ?

Shows I recommend binge watching on Netflix while you wait, Alone - Survival in Canada, Death by Magic, Outlast - team survival in Alaska, Thanks Mike.

Last edited:
At least yours is coming in May. Mine came in February 2022, I was expecting it in January. Ice driveway most of January, load restriction in February. I had to meet the truck down town.

At least yours is coming in May. Mine came in February 2022, I was expecting it in January. Ice driveway most of January, load restriction in February. I had to meet the truck down town.
Part of the reason I bought my 1236T in November 2020 was because it was in stock and I could take immediate delivery, if I waited for the 1340GT, it was expected to arrive in January, and I wouldn’t have been able to get it into the basement until spring with the snow, if the driveway was even clear enough for a delivery.

Hi Mr Mike
I ordered a PM-1440-2SM on 1-24-22.
Just got word a couple weeks ago that is supposed to load on a ship at the end of the month.
Sooo then about 5 weeks to Pittsburg.
Then some processing time.
Then shipping to Seattle area.
If all goes well puts it arriving to my shop late May.
Sigh...16 months!
Dan

Hi Mr Mike
I ordered a PM-1440-2SM on 1-24-22.
Just got word a couple weeks ago that is supposed to load on a ship at the end of the month.
Sooo then about 5 weeks to Pittsburg.
Then some processing time.
Then shipping to Seattle area.
If all goes well puts it arriving to my shop late May.
Sigh...16 months!
Dan
Why Hello , WOW - Did you know it would be 16 months from the get go...? You Sir are a better man than I. If I fathom a guess, your and my lathe may be on the same boat...

I was hesitant to buy a lathe knowing it was around 4 months out...

Ha! No better man here...Just unlucky. No I didn't know it would be this long.
It was supposed to be a couple of months and that went on and on.
Covid and the way the Chinese handled it with the shutdowns disrupted the entire supply and shipping chain.
Had I known I may have gone a different rout.
I have a G4000G 12x36 lathe now with a very patient buddy waiting to purchase it so it hasn't terrible.
The 1440 will be a nice upgrade for me and am already fairly tooled up.

I hope there are no delays with your machine.

Dan

Ha! No better man here...Just unlucky. No I didn't know it would be this long.
It was supposed to be a couple of months and that went on and on.
Covid and the way the Chinese handled it with the shutdowns disrupted the entire supply and shipping chain.
Had I known I may have gone a different rout.
I have a G4000G 12x36 lathe now with a very patient buddy waiting to purchase it so it hasn't terrible.
The 1440 will be a nice upgrade for me and am already fairly tooled up.

I hope there are no delays with your machine.

Dan
I went to check out your lath, that's one big puppy...

Jeeze Mike, It's a good thing you don't have to wait 16 month, you would own ever AXA tool post in existence by then. LOL.

Just giving you a hard time man.
No Sir, I would not, Id start a new thread...

Bought a Few Mini lathes to compare quality of inexpensive brands. :)

I ordered & put down a deposit on a 1340GT 9/22/22, I haven’t heard a thing about it.
I may just give them a call. I do hate to bother them, as I’m sure they’ve got a lot going on all the time. I was told “spring” on the phone a couple of days before placing the order/deposit.

Back