How many people are waiting on their new PM lathes...

Just a FYI, but 'leveling' a lathe means that the headstock end of the lathe bed is on the same plane (i.e. 'level') with the tailstock end. Leveling a lathe could also be stated as 'removing the twist' of the lathe bed.
agreed, but the headstock is on the lower end of the garage, and the coolant drain is on the tailstock side, so I've at least got to get "level" with the big round thing.

I ordered an 1130V yesterday. It showed as "in stock" when I placed the order, so I'm hoping that means it will ship this week or next. If I'm being foolishly optimistic, please let me know.

Congrats @rronald !
I'm not sure how long it takes to do what they do once the lathes are in stock. My 1130V was ordered on July 6th. I did see they went "in-stock" on the website on Sept 15th. Checking my order on PM's site, it still shows the 1130V as backordered so we will see. I'm hoping mine is also shipped soon ;-)

I ordered an 1130V yesterday. It showed as "in stock" when I placed the order, so I'm hoping that means it will ship this week or next. If I'm being foolishly optimistic, please let me know.
When I ordered my 1130V it was in stock and shipped within the week I ordered it.

Which Models has everyone been getting same or next day shipping on? My 14-40 is projected december from the original august/september

My 1130v arrived at the freight terminal and I picked it up on Wednesday. Exactly one week from the order date.

I'm now quite tired. Just lifted it off the pallet for a bit, but realized one of my lifting mechanisms has insufficient travel to get the lathe high enough to clear the bench. So, I will fabricate a plate to move the ratchet strap mount higher. That's on the tail-stock side. I am using a proper chain hoist on the heavy end. Thus I aborted for today.....

ordered the PM940M with harden ways and will wait till it arrives :). Probably later this month by its OK, its for a hobby of mine no rush.

Back