How to repair compressor pressure switch?

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Need some help.
I’m not sure what I need to fix this.
It looks like the darn thing broke at the threads.
Thanks for the help!3033A805-6839-4BD3-BB4E-E062355C0013.jpeg1862B369-B4D9-43E8-8E4E-0025A7470811.jpegE4239089-0B35-4E3D-A62D-7B028BF45C39.jpeg

From the looks of your switch, I would buy a completely new switch. Also, install a plastic tube to the unloader valve to prevent breakage in the future. The rigid line plus vibration caused the failure, just my 2 cents. See below $27.14 amazon one day delivery.

Square D by Schneider Electric 9013FHG12J52M1X Air-Compressor Pressure Switch, 125 Psi Set Off, 30 Psi Fixed Differential, 1/4" Npsf Internal, 2-Way Release Valve, Auto/Off Cut-Out Lever

How did you know it was a Square D switch??
You guys are impressive!
Thank you.
I have done this job before, it's been a while. The plastic tube is a good idea.

I took your advise fixit, I ordered a new one. Be here tomorrow.

Just make sure it is rated for the HP of your motor. Up to 2hp the switches are pretty cheap, when you start getting up in the 3 - 5hp range they start getting pretty expensive.

I would braze in a new thread. Or make a whole new part on the lathe. This is Hobby Shop stuff at its roots. And if the diaphragm is leaking no big deal. You will need rubber coated sheet material, cut to shape, punch a few holes in it, and presto, back in business...Dave

Last edited:
How did you know it was a Square D switch??
You guys are impressive!
Thank you.
I have done this job before, it's been a while. The plastic tube is a good idea.

Does anyone else make pressure switches? Seriously, I have been selling repair parts for years for well pumps and compressors and have never seen one that wasn't Square D. Sure there are some Chinese clones out there but they are usually dead nuts copies of the Square D products.

Problem,
I replaced the pressure switch.
It works perfect!
Except, when it cycles, every other time the motor just buzzes.
I power down immediately and spin the flywheel a bit and it starts right up.
I’m going to assume this free compressor is ready for the scrap yard right?58DD7EE9-E0A7-4CE6-839D-E01422AE5CED.jpeg

Back