How Warm Is Too Warm?

Heck we had a cold front come thru yesterday---it was a cool 98* today.

Spent three days in Houston earlier this week. It was brutal! 100 degrees and humidity sky high. Came home to northern California and 95 degrees but humidity was less than 20%. I can handle the temp but the humidity kills me. How do you Texans handle it? Okay, I know I opened the door with this.

Tom S

It is just like a Sauna 100 degrees with what seemed 100 percent when I gout out of work yesterday, The little rain shower did nothing to cool it down, just added the rest of the humidity to the air. I wish I had AC in my garage faces the wrong way and it gets to the point at times I think the fan is blowing out of a furnace or something.

Thanks for the comments, sounds like I'm ok.

I know I'm a puss, I can't take the heat like I used to when I was younger. I get a lot more work done in the winter than the summer. Perfect weather is 70 to 75 and low (below 40%) humidity. This summer it's been WAY TOO HOT here in the PNW. Can't wait till Sept/Oct when the temps cool down a bit.

Ditto. My perfect shop temp is 50 degrees and I keep my umpteen ton heat pump set at 66 degrees year round.

holy cow coolidge, did you grow up above the arctic circle by any chance? 66F is what we have the heating set to when we want to save money in winter - no way I'd want to be at that temp through choice (and cost)!

You guys from Texas really have it tough. I hate it when our local temps get above 85. Time to hide out in the house where the AC is when that happens.

Hell I keep the temp at 66 degrees AND run a ceiling fan on Hi. :D At night I add a Wilco barn fan on low. :disillusion: My brother lived with me for a while last year and about froze.

I guess I am going to quit complaining now about the heat. My shop door is an east facing door so when I am working in the shop in the evenings with the large overhead door open I don't get the sun glaring in heating everything up.

The last several weeks it has been in the high 80's/low 90's in my shop and mid to upper 90's outside. I have a 20" floor fan that I aim my way while working in the shop and it helps but it is still quite warm.

Mike.

Back