How Warm Is Too Warm?

Funny how my "question about the temp of the mill head" post turned into the "how hot is it in your shop" thread. LOL

oh yeah, sorry! I have more problems with extreme cold - motors take a while to warm up and grease/ oil starts to act funny at low temps.

Where do you live Savarin the African Serengeti? :disillusion:
A place called Townsville in the "Dry Tropics" This year we had very little no rain in our wet season (summer) and no rain forecast for the future.
Its gonna be bloody hot in summer.

i think i might have driven through there on the way to port Douglas for a holiday. i seem to remember that area being especially wet, especially compared to Melbourne which was in the middle of a drought.

i think i might have driven through there on the way to port Douglas for a holiday. i seem to remember that area being especially wet, especially compared to Melbourne which was in the middle of a drought.
Yeah, we usually get a good wet but lately its been ultra dry with low humidity. I have to top up my aquaponic system every three days at the moment and its not even very warm. Still it keeps the rust at bay.
Gotta see the good side of everything:drink:

Very funny thread. Or sweaty.

I am in central Texas. Thus, I have taken to leaving my shop doors open and the fans running at night. I am luckily in a low crime area.

If you have that option, it will cool down your shop during the night so you can get a few hours working time before it hits a 100. The fans work to move the colder, nighttime, air into the shop and displace the hot as sh*t air from the rafters and out the eave vents (or other vents placed on high).

It is still miserable.

it's not the heat, it's the humidity.. 120 in the desert never bothered me. 80 and sweaty sucks

Back