Hydraulic Floor Jacks

I have an old 2T that I got more than 40 years ago. I have no clue as to brand since all decals wore off decades ago. It has never been used on pavement always gravel or dirt, sometimes I would put a piece of plywood under it if the ground was real soft. It started to leak down faster than I could pump and get a jack stand under my truck. Is it worth while to try to rebuild it? all of the pivot points are pretty worn so it is a bit wobbly.
I think I just talked myself into it.
I am also in the market for a replacement. I am after the highest lift since I have a big 4x4 truck. It seems the low profile ones are the ones with the highest lift, go figure. But the low profile have smaller wheels which would make it harder to move around on gravel or dirt and the small wheels will sink farther into the ground.
I have been watching for a sale at HF for the 3T low profile. I am still not sure if I can wrap my head around an aluminum jack with 3T on it that does not look much different than the steel jack.

Go out and buy a used hockey puck or two from a sporting goods recycling. Use that as a block between these racing Jack's and the frame/ jacking point. It will serve you well.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Go out and buy a used hockey puck or two from a sporting goods recycling. Use that as a block between these racing Jack's and the frame/ jacking point. It will serve you well.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk
I’m as likely to find a unicorn as I am to find a new or used hockey puck around here.

I’m as likely to find a unicorn as I am to find a new or used hockey puck around here.
You'd be surprised. You are split dead even between three professional hockey clubs. The biggest challenge is that all of the dealerships often arrange pickups of old pucks from local programs. I'd probably hit up the local high school. They may have a bunch just sitting around. If they don't, I'll send you some.

If you want the best, Hein Werner.
It will set you back $600 + for a 2.5 ton, but it will last 20+ years in a busy shop.
Light? Heck no.
So why bring it up? Anyone had one? When they do finally blow a seal. Buy the kit for another 100,000 miles..

Reactions: rwm
You'd be surprised. You are split dead even between three professional hockey clubs. The biggest challenge is that all of the dealerships often arrange pickups of old pucks from local programs. I'd probably hit up the local high school. They may have a bunch just sitting around. If they don't, I'll send you some.
Nearest ice rink is 26mi away. The local schools don’t have hockey programs, but hockey pucks are very interesting. Did a search on the biggest sport shop, Dick’s, and they don’t stock them but you can get them online. What’s really interesting is atleast 70% of all the reviews is using them for jack pads! Who knew!

So this opens up a lot of questions Silverhawk. What’s the difference between a practice puck and a real puck? Of the bad reviews on the site they said they thought the pucks were synthetic. What kind of rubber are pucks made of? I’ve not tried looking on eBay yet, but I was thinking of adding some kind of block rubber to my CL “engineering supplies“ on CL and this might be a source I’ve not thought of. Rubber is great for forming copper on with my arbor press, and I had a couple of chunks I used for my first experiment with copper forming. As usual here I go derailing.

Back