I bet this will present some machining opportunities!

Well, I sat down with a spreadsheet today and listed all the stuff I knew for sure I needed and the prices I had found.

The total was way out of my budget. I found myself running around like a 16 year old trying to scrape together the money to buy a car. That made it impossible to ignore what I knew but didn't want to admit: I just don't have the pockets for this project.

Based on prices I was getting from others, I guesstimated what I should be able to get parting it out and selling the usable stuff. Even allowing for wheeling and dealing and not being able to sell some items, I should be able to break even. Might even make a couple of bucks. Time to run while I still can.

Bummer, This was going to be a fun to watch project. But I can fully understand the budget side of the equation.

Based on prices I was getting from others, I guesstimated what I should be able to get parting it out and selling the usable stuff. Even allowing for wheeling and dealing and not being able to sell some items, I should be able to break even. Might even make a couple of bucks. Time to run while I still can.
Wise, very wise. Very sad, but wise. I will one day inherit a Case 580E backhoe that will present me with the same sort of decisions.

Back