I have a stuck arbor.

What do you have in mind, I need to change this to R8

Hey man ! Don't hurt that thing . Use a spanner wrench on the adaptor . :grin: ( remember , presumed innocent until proven otherwise ) . How about an identical head with an R8 adapter ? ;)
Spanner? What, are you British now? It's a wre..... well you did say spanner wrench & not just spanner and a spanner wrench would be the appropiate tool to use. :cautious:

Haha, sorry Mike, but Dave started it! I was going to behave until you got this resolved but Dave triggered it & I just can't resist.

20220901_224047.jpg

Those are actually mine though. What do I use em for? I have no idea. Do I need them? No not really, was sort of by accident. But I did need to use the big silver one a few weeks ago on my truck & at the junkyard. Great to have a tool when I need it even though I may not use that often. I guess that's the same thing as all of us buying tooling. :)

Loosen the set screw and shock it by striking the NMTB holder using an aluminum or brass punch in the direction of loosening.

I'll have to look for the set screw, thank you.

Dave's recycleables sent a PM to Mike , we'll settle this matter under the " if you don't like it , send it back " gaurentee . :big grin:

I'm not seeing a set screw....

Did you get that arbor for me? Thanks man!

Disassemble the boring head. You might get a better idea of what is going on and maybe an easier way to hold it.

Back