I Might Become a Machinist

Got me dear Jon email yesterday thanking me for doing the interview but yada yada yada. Funny thing was I never got an interview. After a few union grievances they finally got three hired, I'm glad for those guys.

Update.
One guy quite a day or two into the apprenticeship, he took another job outside of the plant. That is bad as it took my spot away, I believe I was next in line.
Another posting came up as a step five apprentice, which is allowed by the union. That would be two years into a four year apprenticeship. This was an internal only posting and three people signed. One was not being considered and the other was way low on the seniority list.
In the meantime I got offered a position to go to the I&C shop that I had applied for previously. I talked to the maintenance supervisor and was hoping he'd say you will pass your assessment, wink wink, lol. but he said I should take the offer so that sort of made my decision. That'll mean straight days, four tens which will be wonderful.

Instrumentation and Process Control. Shop just meaning I'll be working in that department.

Instrumentation and Process Control. Shop just meaning I'll be working in that department.

:encourage:

Not a bad place to be. Pays well, and the work is not hard.

Back