I survived

Things were stupidly lax before because of the mixed signals from certain leaders and the amount of noise. But it seems it's gone the dangerously stupid route now. My wife's work was testing all the time but after a couple of weeks off and seeing there is more staff out than ever had decided they will only test if you don't feel good. WTH? More of that " we gotta quit testing because we'll find something" stupidity. The bureaucrats just can't get their imbecilic minds to understand there is a 14 day latency period.

As this pandemic drags on more and more people get complacent .I for one am guilty. I used to have to ware a mask in public, as per government rules. That requirement has been dropped. So I ware a mask sometimes, but not all the time. I used to sanitize my hands regularly after being in a public area but no so much anymore. I have to keep reminding myself that the thing is not over yet, so back to masks and hand sanitizer.

Add this to the pile of strangeness that is this pandemic. I was emailing with one of my dealers in Ireland that was under the weather with the latest v of Covid. He was having kinda typical flu like symptoms and I asked if he was vaxxed and he said yup, up through boosted but his GF was unvaxxed. I asked if he was worried about her and the Doc checked her and by listening to her lungs he said she’d had it. It seems like either he’s not curious like I am or being sick just let it pass, but what IS THAT that he can listen to her lungs and know she’s had it? Has anybody else heard of this? “Just a flu “ indeed…

There are various lung breath sounds that have correlated to Covid infection, just an example below. Mostly I see this described as Velcro like lung sounds in the lower lobes of the lung. Some studies suggest that with smart algorithm programs that this has a 90+% ability to discriminate for Covid patients, and the first abstract suggests that includes asymptomatic infections. I think this is a bit of a soft call as to if someone had Covid and the time frame relative to the infection. Typically one would correlate this to chest X-ray, detailed history, blood testing, etc. A percentage of people getting Covid will also have long term complications in addition to the long haulers which appear to have reservoir of Covid infection.

Back