I survived

yep, about a month ago, maybe 2 my sister in law's friend's husband died. The only one in his family to not have the vaccine. He went quickly. Waited to get checked out, his Ox level was very low..
Similar to my cousin 57 y/o. Waited 6 days to seek treatment finally went in 60% O2, and dead in two. Fairly healthy person non smoker. Just took him out of the picture I guess.

I am getting over it now, I went 2 years without and a Trip to Italy last Sept. for Moto Guzzi's non-official 100th birthday. Worst thing for me was the sore throat, headache (coffee withdrawl most likely) and now 3 days after testing negative some nausea and diarrhea.

Unfortunately we are still and apparently going to deal with this forever. I won't go into the politics of this but common sense knows what happened here. Last week we were reintroduced to another bout with covid and have to quarantine for a few more days. I still have no sense of smell, tingling in my feed, overall loss of energy, weight, and my sense of taste has changed since my first bout which we were fortunate to survive. My wife and family are vaccinated, but (from the beginning) I chose not to do so, because I personally feel in the long run the vaccine will be more of a problem at my age then the covid. Common sense will prevail, this is the new way of life.

because I personally feel in the long run the vaccine will be more of a problem at my age then the covid. Common sense will prevail, this is the new way of life.
Actually, science will prevail. One of our members (@mksj ) is a retired doctor and did a great write-up about the mRNA genome. The method in which the Sars-2 vaccine was developed is actually quite amazing.

Living in New York the word SCIENCE leaves a sour taste in my mouth. That said, I hope so. Thank's

Living in New York the word SCIENCE leaves a sour taste in my mouth. That said, I hope so. Thank's

Lets talk about the science of beef, milk, eggs, etc. Those studies are not REAL studies, they are paid for to get the result the companies want, sometimes shell companies set up to distance themselves from the real organization. Same with the cigarette (not causing cancer was). Any company can come along and get the result they want for money. NOT SCIENCE. More like silence.

I'm a science believer. Science is always evolving. it doesn't stop. So things are changing about things we know little about. Sometimes it changes as we learn long term effects, or as the theory / science evolves. Those of you that didn't believe the Covid science because things changed, were not understanding that the science community was learning about it on the fly too. And then you had the politics kick in. The politics is really dumb.. politicians and people who knew nothing (snake oil salesman) selling people STUPID.

It's hard to know when you are being fed real science vs snake oil.. Even medical journals get scammed once in a while so the author can be published and gain clout. In the end, even those are discovered.

Without the science, many would still be dying of cancer. Today, cancer is being fought on many fronts, and people are living long healthy lives. The science is REAL there.

I'll believe the science over conspiracy theories any day. I am always trying to follow the money though, as I maintain some skepticism, a healthy amount that makes me wary. Too many weight products, baldness products and look young products.. those are you snake oil..

Lets talk about the science of beef, milk, eggs, etc. Those studies are not REAL studies, they are paid for to get the result the companies want, sometimes shell companies set up to distance themselves from the real organization. Same with the cigarette (not causing cancer was). Any company can come along and get the result they want for money. NOT SCIENCE. More like silence.

I'm a science believer. Science is always evolving. it doesn't stop. So things are changing about things we know little about. Sometimes it changes as we learn long term effects, or as the theory / science evolves. Those of you that didn't believe the Covid science because things changed, were not understanding that the science community was learning about it on the fly too. And then you had the politics kick in. The politics is really dumb.. politicians and people who knew nothing (snake oil salesman) selling people STUPID.

It's hard to know when you are being fed real science vs snake oil.. Even medical journals get scammed once in a while so the author can be published and gain clout. In the end, even those are discovered.

Without the science, many would still be dying of cancer. Today, cancer is being fought on many fronts, and people are living long healthy lives. The science is REAL there.

I'll believe the science over conspiracy theories any day. I am always trying to follow the money though, as I maintain some skepticism, a healthy amount that makes me wary. Too many weight products, baldness products and look young products.. those are you snake oil..
Many, many good points were made that I totally agree with, especially in the fight against cancer and other diseases, that is science. My problem is the word science seems to have lost its true meaning in these times and has become a weapon. Thanks for your reply.

Just found out my Aunt 94, cousin, her son, her brother's (my cousin too) wife have Covid, my Aunt and the wife are in the hospital.
I got her age wrong, my aunt was 93 .. she passed away today from some infection. She survived the Covid, then a week later was back in the hospital for an infection. They could not figure out what it was. I'm a little sad, but in the end, we had talked quite a bit, and all her friends has passed, my uncle died about 5 years ago. She said she had been here long enough and was using up resources for someone else. I get it. I am sad, as I have lost a friend, and the last of my dads line up to him and her.

I got her age wrong, my aunt was 93 .. she passed away today from some infection. She survived the Covid, then a week later was back in the hospital for an infection. They could not figure out what it was. I'm a little sad, but in the end, we had talked quite a bit, and all her friends has passed, my uncle died about 5 years ago. She said she had been here long enough and was using up resources for someone else. I get it. I am sad, as I have lost a friend, and the last of my dads line up to him and her.
So sorry Jeff. Many get a secondary infection but that really sux.

What’s weird is nobody close got Covid until this version. My daughter and her BF got it and it really whacked them. I was getting worried as they were both vaxxed. Then she texted me today and said they woke up today and felt good. Got tested and both ok. Weird.

Back