I think this is my next project car

Wow. 17.5 for that? That would be around 8 grand a few years ago around here. Maybe I need to sell mine.
Tell me what it is and how much :p Yes prices are out of hand. I'm not sure why they jumped so much lately.

I well know most here want to help others spend money. Now if thy also showed up to work on the car that would be great :oops:

Rust is the most expensive part to fix, and I'm not a bodyman at all.

Still looking......................

Much better choice, very sweet looking. Hats off to NCjeeper for selling it.

Sweet! Compared to those other two "PROJECTS" this one looks like it will not grind 10 years off your life.

One tip regarding transportation. A friend had a car transported from New York to Los Angeles because she was relocating and didn't want to drive. Somebody damaged the roof, didn't disclose it, and held the car (it's not here yet/we can't find it crap) for a few extra days so they could do a crap repair in LA. Make sure you have insurance to properly repair any such shenanigans. I think transporters work zones and your car could be loaded/unloaded many times crossing the country. Finding the guilty party would be impossible for a mere mortal.

Yes much better choice. But, of I hadn't posted this thread and the links to the other cars NCjeeper wouldn't have even know I was in the market for a 55 and decided to sell. So it worked out pretty well.

For what I'm paying I can't even come close to building the other ones to match it. I also like black cars :grin:

I found these people to ship. Best price out there so far, about $1080. Some quotes are $3k.

@alloy, being holed up with covid I had the time to read your full Nova thread. Impressive work and hell-on-wheels perseverance through your health setbacks.
Good on you for tackling another build. Definitely following along!

Last edited:
@alloy, being holed up with covid I had the time to read your full Nova thread. Impressive work and hell-on-wheels perseverance through your health setbacks.
Good on you for tackling another build. Definitely following along!
Thank you. That's one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten.

When the 55 gets here I'll start a new thread.

Back