I think this is my next project car

Look what popped up over here :grin: If the transmissions are Muncie's that would be a good addition to help pay for the car.
1656739736858.png

That's a pretty good deal. One of the transmission is a muncie, the other is a saginaw.

Hey, I know someone in HI. He should go buy it.

Me, I'm tapped out now, can't even pay attention.

Hey, @NCjeeper , you don't have a '39 or '40 Ford laying around, do you?

-Bear

Very sweet deal.

Having done rust repair and bodywork on my '63 Triumph TR4 the only suggestion I can make is buy a car that's as you want it provided you can trust the person who did the work.

Might as well drive it home....

John

Well little did I know that buying a 55 would be the easy part.

I'm trying to get it shipped and there are dozens of scams out there. I've gotten prices as low as $800 and as high as $4k.

I found out what the low price ones do. They have you make a deposit and agree to book a driver to pick the car up then after a week or so when time is running out to pick the car up they tell you the deal fell through but for more $$$ (double or triple the price) they can get it picked up. And when I tell them to take a leap I'm told since I would be the one cancelling it because of the bait and switch I'm the one that's cancelling the contract and that allows them to keep my deposit.

And they post it on a national board that they accepted the load and no one else will bid on it. I talked to another broker and they told me to call and have them remove it from the board. I did that and they didn't do it and argued with me.

So NCjeeper I'm working on it. If anyone has any personal experience with having a car shipped PLEASE let me know. I'm runnng up against a deadline to get the car picked up.

It seems that there should be a regulatory agency to file a complaint, and also a BBB review

Well a road trip would be super cool, but it's a 67 year old car that hasn't been driven a lot lately. I briefly (very briefly) thought about this but the cost of a flight there (if I can get a flight and it's not cancelled) gas, motels, food and my disability make it impractical unfortunately. Would be fun though. Across America is a 55 chevy. How cool would that be :cool:

There is some kind of private entity that runs the quote board and the one lady I talked to said there was a way to force them to pull it off the listing. I'm not sure how though.'

I have just been sent a contact to call tomorrow. Hopefully it will work out.

Back