Ideas for PM-1236T Setup

maspann

Registered
Registered
I've had a PM-1236T lathe ordered since July and am told it should be here in late December. It's time to start thinking about how I will set the new lathe up in my shop and am open to ideas. For those of you that have a 1236-T, how have you set up tool post racks and various lathe accessory storage? Is the back splash panel strong enough to handle the weight of tool holders etc? Photos would be great!

Thanks in advance!

The following links might give you some useful ideas.

Hope this helps.

David

I have a 1236T on order also, I was told probably January. But I would be good with late December. :grin:

Beautiful work David, and some great ideas. I just noticed your welding table. That looks really nice, it looks like it is on a hydraulic stand or jack of some sort.

I had to add a brace to my back splash. It was starting to sag backwards from the weight of all the holders.

I had to add a brace to my back splash. It was starting to sag backwards from the weight of all the holders.
Me too!

IMG_0239.jpeg

Thats quit the stand you have under your lathe. Did those feet come with the lathe or are they aftermarket of some type? I might have to build something like that also as I understand most lathes are a little on the low side.

Your support for your back splash looks a little jack pole. Is it tied to the floor somehow, so it doesn't get kicked and moved?

Tim

I have a 1236T on order also, I was told probably January. But I would be good with late December. :grin:

Beautiful work David, and some great ideas. I just noticed your welding table. That looks really nice, it looks like it is on a hydraulic stand or jack of some sort.

Ha! Same here. But mine is not the PM1236T, just the lowly PM1236... I am not even going to call and ask... It will get here when it gets here, lol...

I also need to start thinking where the heck in the garage is going to live...

So tagging along for ideas shared by existing owners.

Back