Introducing "Boat Anchor", an Atlas MHC Mill restoration (almost)

You did a great job on cleaning / restoring the old girl. I really like how the motor came out.

Thank-you. For me, the motor is always the diciest part. One of the motors I disassembled had walnut shells inside of it! But I take them apart, sandblast the housing and repaint them, and replace the bearings and blow everything else off with compressed air. Wire wheel the shaft, and pray it works when I put it back together. lol I only had one motor that did not work when I put it back together, and that was the one that I did not try and run before I took it apart, so I think it was bad to begin with. I got it super cheap on Ebay just to see how hard it would be to disassemble and then reassemble, so it justified the price for me.

I was looking at that other unit on ebay. I could use a couple'a things off it for mine.
But with this covid cr_p I just can't justify doing this right now. Even tho' I know I could sell you a handle...

I was looking at that other unit on ebay. I could use a couple'a things off it for mine.
But with this covid cr_p I just can't justify doing this right now. Even tho' I know I could sell you a handle...

I looked at the location, and also, due to this Pandemic, I can't justify it either, nor can I make an 8 hour drive to get it. Even though he says he can ship it. I have not had luck with shipping grinders, I don't think I want to try my luck on a mill.

Nice clean up job. could you fabricate the arms?

That unit just sold for $510, and had 13 bids. Be interesting to see if they part it out or restore it.

Wow. Plus shipping. I don't understand.

That unit just sold for $510, and had 13 bids. Be interesting to see if they part it out or restore it.
Geez.. maybe I need to let mine go! I figured nobody would want it! What do I know?

Just beautiful! I just restored a MFC on YouTube. I may post pictures of mine too. Great job.....

Back