Introduction to Indexable Tooling for the Metal Lathe

As a result of reading the book I have a nice Micro 100 CCMT holder and matching inserts winging their way to me. :)

I'm not surprised if the work is outstanding. David is an extremely talented individual. If you haven't seen the beautiful job he did rebuilding his brand new PM lathe and mill, you should check it out.
I think I'll wait for the Audible version....... Oh come on, that was funny!

I'm not surprised if the work is outstanding. David is an extremely talented individual. If you haven't seen the beautiful job he did rebuilding his brand new PM lathe and mill, you should check it out.
I think I'll wait for the Audible version....... Oh come on, that was funny!
Ron Howard called last night and wanting to negotiate the movie rights. I told him I was open to the idea if Brad Pitt played me, otherwise he could take a hike. :p

I think you should play yourself, and start a new career. :encourage:

Brad Pitt playing David Best isn't as far off as Tom cruise playing Jack Reacher. David is the Lee Child of the metal set. Dave

David's book arrived today. Now I'm already thinking of a few new tools I want to buy. This could turn out to be a very expensive book ;)

Well done, thanks David!

Ron Howard called last night and wanting to negotiate the movie rights. I told him I was open to the idea if Brad Pitt played me, otherwise he could take a hike. :p

Smart move making sure the guy playing you is less attractive to the ladies than you.

David's book arrived today. Now I'm already thinking of a few new tools I want to buy. This could turn out to be a very expensive book ;)

Well done, thanks David!
The intent was to actually save you money by avoiding the purchase of tools and inserts that don’t perform or are incorrectly specified. :p

I have been looking and understanding a little at a time, and have a question on a nose radius. I have a project that uses a knurl in 316 SS, and for aesthetic purposes I like to cut a band in the knurl. Without burning up inserts I am wondering if cutting the knurl would do better with the bigger radius of a K bit than a smaller radius of M, or MS bit 16 vs 04? These are just what I have on hand, I'm not sure what to look for in a dedicated bit for this operation.

Back