It heating season again.

Is it bad to start your lathe / mini mill at say 0F / -18C? Is there some minimal temperature it can be run at? I assume at least for the lathe the temps will effect the lubrication.

My machines operate fine at lower temperatures than I do. The oil will be thick but it will still lubricate and will warm up quickly.

Im still using the fan in the wood shop. Its supposed to get down to 38* saturday.

Jake Parker

I had planned to insulate and drywall my garage this summer, but work was slow and the money wasn't there. I would love to heat my garage and make it usable year round. I have a kerosene turbo heater, but because it doesn't have a chimney, it condenses a lot of moisture on everything. Choosing between heat and rust isn't fun. Ideally, I would like to get a wood stove and fit it with a babington oil burner so I can heat with waste oil.

GG

Will probably be starting up the wood fired boiler this week, its a little over a month latter than last year. Have a wood stove in the house for cool nights before the boiler is running.

Greg

ONE word UGGGGG

sam

6 months of good sleding and 5 months of crappy ice skatin and a month of flooding here ! summer whats that

Marcel
You will need to change the jets in the burner and also either a different gas valve or get the right spring in your existing valve to match the NG pressures. Propane and NG run at different pressures.

Marcel
You will need to change the jets in the burner and also either a different gas valve or get the right spring in your existing valve to match the NG pressures. Propane and NG run at different pressures.
I did it last year already. It worked out great. I bought a kit online to convert it. I changed the jets in the burner and the pilot, and changed the spring in my existing valve. I saved a lot of money heating my shop with NG instead of LP.

I guess I need to learn to check the dates of ALL posts before I respond:whistle:

Back