It's cold up here now...

Temp has dropped a bit but the cyclone is heading straight for us and a cat 3 now.
wind gusts to 165 kilometres per hour.
Already had to repair some windows and board up in the rain.
The floods will start once it passes overhead.
Not looking forward to the next 24 hours.

Temp has dropped a bit but the cyclone is heading straight for us and a cat 3 now.
Good luck man.

The garage and the machines were sweating like a sick ****** on a pee pot today . Sometimes you just have to admit defeat and move on . :grin: Scrapyard run planned for the morning anyway , hoping for a bit of sunshine with the warm weather .

Hoping you stay safe Charles.

We survived. Lost most of the bananas and a large tree outside our house split and one window blew in.
That was about it.
The damage in the town was very extensive and most of it is without power from downed lines.
our power went as I typed this.
no power for 2 days, lost all my jade perch, they asphyxiated, took me 6 hours gutting and cleaning them. Had 1 genny running the fridges, freezer, fans. Insufficient to also power the pumps for the aquaponics so now have a freezer full of fish to eat.

We survived. Lost most of the bananas and a large tree outside our house split and one window blew in.
That was about it.
The damage in the town was very extensive and most of it is without power from downed lines.
our power went as I typed this.
no power for 2 days, lost all my jade perch, they asphyxiated, took me 6 hours gutting and cleaning them. Had 1 genny running the fridges, freezer, fans. Insufficient to also power the pumps for the aquaponics so now have a freezer full of fish to eat.
Good that you made it. Sad about all the damage. At least you have food to eat and some power.

Back