It's cold up here now...

Here are the current snow totals in the last 2 days of lake effect. Should taper off tonight as the winds will shift to Northwest.

THE WINNER
West Seneca: 74.8 inches (6 feet, 2.8 inches)
  • Hamburg: 62.1 inches (5 feet, 2.1 inches)
  • South Buffalo: 55.5 inches
  • Angola: 47.8 inches
  • Lancaster: 47.3 inches
  • Orchard Park: 46.5 inches
  • Elma: 43 inches
  • East Aurora: 33.8 inches
  • Batavia: 28.5 inches
  • Cheektowaga (Buffalo airport): 26.3 inches
  • North Tonawanda: 22.8 inches
  • Lockport: 21.8 inches
  • Holland: 17.5 inches

Today was the nicest day we've had in awhile. Snow squalls and 12°F currently. Headed for -6°F tonight and -21°F tomorrow night. The snow is fine and the wind is blowing it around. I wish you Canadian guys would keep your weather up there!

Yesterday when I woke up it was 16F. Remember this is Austin in Central Texas. But then today the high was 70F so everything is back to normal :).

Expecting to start here in minutes . 2-4" maybe 5 . Glad to see the Adirondacks getting some accumulation . :encourage:

We finally got a light dusting of snow last night. Enough to turn things white but not completely bury the grass. Had a week of never getting above freezing, glad to finally get some white to go with it. Winter is really gloomy when the temp is in the single digits, wind is howling, cloudy, and no snow on the ground, so I'm glad to get some white to brighten things up somewhat.

Yesterday when I woke up it was 16F. Remember this is Austin in Central Texas. But then today the high was 70F so everything is back to normal :).
We are back to our usual for this time of year 30's at night 60ish in the daylight.

Got another foot here over the last few days. Thought I could get out with the truck without having to plow, but the county had really plowed in the top half of my driveway which goes uphill, and parallel to the county road. Hit The low 40's and sunny yesterday which was a pleasant change. Mike

Throw a bit of that white stuff my way, what ever it is.
it was 104'F in my shop today. Absolutely impossible to do anything.
I am so fed up with this weather.
Cyclone should hit us on wednesday arvo, even worse.
So far I hate this year.

Back