It's on backorder

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Everything is on backorder.
At work we have units down that need parts. The parts manager locates items that won't come from Ford for a month or two from another dealership in the country.
They ship it UPS which should take 3 days. 5 days later it's still in transit. UPS is so busy they missed deliveries twice this week. It's hard to promise a customer the truck will be fixed on Thursday when we deal with this.
We made the decision to replace our 1998 TCM forklift. It only has 4,600 hours but it's tired never the less.
We placed an order for a Hyster H40 yesterday. 22 weeks out, nothing in stock. Got a good deal on it though.
I ordered a chucking reamer from KBC tools. Got it yesterday. I ordered it in February, I forgot about it.
You guys feeling the pinch?

I have to admit that I haven't seen too many shipping/supply issues. A few days extra here or there, but otherwise things seem "normal". Granted I'm a hobbyist and not a pro.

The longest delay I can remember was when LMS was out for months and I wanted their ER32 collet chuck for my lathe. I got it eventually, but it took a while.

When I bought my TIG welder back in April the manager of my local UPS depot said they were 24,000 packages behind.
Haven’t had any delays since then though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent Achipo a package UPS. It took, what, 45 days Evan? To go 142 miles.
Got stuck in Oakland CA.

Jeepers a person could walk that far in less time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepers a person could walk that far in less time!
No kidding. The sad thing is we couldn't file a claim or talk to a real person.
Since the status online was-in transit, there was nothing we could do.
He needed his machinists level back to level his ne lathe. I ended up sending him my Starrett 12" via Fed EX. It made it on time.
Doesn't seem to matter though, Fed EX, USPS and UPS all share the same problems.
They can't find employees and they are overwhelmed due to increased residential orders.

I have had a lot of problems with shipments. It seems to depend on the carrier.

Worst of them all FedEx Smart Post, Lost track of the time it takes to get something as it starts with FedEx and then transferred to USPS
Next FedEx Ground 3 weeks from Sacramento CA to Everett WA
Next USPS I have had packages that left the Midwest, went to Port a Rico and finally to me. 16 days
Nest UPS packages are taking twice as long than before

Back