It's the darn taste! (way oil)!

Thanks for the correction. That happened more tha forty years ago and my memory fails me at times. The upshot, though is to keep antifreeze away from pets. If I spill some nowadays, I do a hazmet cleanup. I wasn't aware of the ethyl alcohol antidote. Thanks for that insight. A good reason to keep the brandy bottle in the first aid kit. :laughing:.

You could taste that old time Aluminum tapping crap spewing from your skin .
mmcmdl: Aw .. do tell?
From "old time", it lets me know that these days we maybe use some more modern (better tasting??) tapping crap.

I don't know any better, so I go for anything brown stuff labeled "cutting oil", though I don't know the difference it has to regular oil. I know it smokes madly on a drill press, and a whiff of it leaves a metallic taste, and can make the chest start wheezing!

Is our hobby a minefield of liquid substance hazards?

Or beer in the shop frige.
I heard you can get a "shop vac", or various "shop" goodies like a "shop heater" or "shop belt grinder".
I should have figured a "shop fridge" would have been way up there!

I'm not picky..... as long as it's a premium blend. ;)
By any chance in your mechanic career, did you ever get a mishap when siphoning gasoline? There was a time when, although yuk, it was not too hazardous. Nowadays, the stuff cracked from heavier oil fractions is just evil!

By any chance in your mechanic career, did you ever get a mishap when siphoning gasoline? There was a time when, although yuk, it was not too hazardous. Nowadays, the stuff cracked from heavier oil fractions is just evil!

Luckily no. I've only had to siphon fuel like maybe once or twice. I have replaced a bunch of fuel pumps but they were changed mostly due to upgrades and on Japanese imports. Most of them were accessible from the top under the backseat/trunk.

I've never tasted gasoline from these days but there's a lot more ethanol in it days so it should taste better eh? :D

I was changing a fuel filter that was mounted on the frame and got gasoline in my ear, it hurt like hexx.

I was changing a fuel filter that was mounted on the frame and got gasoline in my ear, it hurt like hexx.

I really hate the feeling of gasoline running all the way down my arm & hitting my arm pit! I know it all too well!

Back