Jim F . Sending this your way !

I can remember there was a stretch on I80 between Cheyanne and Laramie that was shut down because of snow . In July !
o_O

I too have noticed a lot of 4wd trucks end up off the side. I attribute this to 3 factors. First, they have either highway tires or big knobby macho ones, neither of which does any good in snow. Second, 4wd is only 4wd when you're applying power, if you're on the brakes in a skid it's no different than 2wd (above exception noted). Third, and most significant, the idiot behind the wheel thinks he can still drive 65 because he has 4wd.

Here's my on-demand 4wd. The picture was taken climbing my driveway.
88 RT4wd.jpg
I've driven through fresh snow deep enough that it was flowing over the hood and the engine was overheating from lack of air-flow. With the studs on, the only thing that stops it is the ground clearance.

Toronto is South of where I live in Wisconsin. Isn't that weird? I just told the wife last night that I am ready for a good 'ole blizzard. Something about being in my house and watching it come down.
Best place to be. Warm and toasty. I did not like working and commuting in snow country.

Back