June Machines!

I also received shipping confirmation. Machine ordered in early May. Only option I added was the DRO. Didn't notice that a power feed was available. Is this a generic kit or do I need to order from QMT?

I don't think its generic I called and asked if they had the option for power feed for the pm-25mv. $300 later it comes with the machine

I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation, ordered mine early March. Should hear something by end of this week hopefully!

Sounds like the PM25's are going out the door first; anyone gotten confirmation on a PM1228, so far?

I ordered my PM25 in the middle of March, picked it up at Quality Machines last Thursday. Met Nicole and Matt, had a good time talking with them while they loaded the machine in my Subaru. I've already made a bunch of chips, and a couple of neat attachments/improvements. One I'm pleased with, a knurled knob to spin the drawbar. I'll see if I can load an image.
Entire Machine.jpg

Uh I had to eliminate part of an arbor press between the camera and the machine, it looks funny under the vice in front.
Here's the knob.
Drawbar knob.jpg

Received shipping confirmation and tracking information today!

Got mine in yesterday, but only got far enough to take the top and sides off the box for an initial inspection.

18675710271_3cf558af24_b.jpg

I ordered my PM25 in the middle of March, picked it up at Quality Machines last Thursday. Met Nicole and Matt, had a good time talking with them while they loaded the machine in my Subaru. I've already made a bunch of chips, and a couple of neat attachments/improvements. One I'm pleased with, a knurled knob to spin the drawbar. I'll see if I can load an image.
Uh I had to eliminate part of an arbor press between the camera and the machine, it looks funny under the vice in front.
Here's the knob.

T Bredehoft, I'm waiting for my PM25MV (and PM1228 lathe too). I was curious if you could take some photos of the DRO installation. From your photos, I'm assuming that you bought the DRO package from PM. They didn't have the 3-axis DROs available when I ordered, so I'm going it alone. I also wanted to get the Easson ES-12 display, which is harder to find. DRO Pros doesn't have it available.

I just ordered the ES-12 head from SRA Measurement, but I need to figure out what lengths of scales to get for it. Could you measure the lengths of the scales from end to end (i.e. the outside length of the scale housing)? Also, can you measure the actual travel of each axis on the mill itself? What actually stops the travel for the Y and Z axis? I'm assuming the stops on the front of the table are what stop the X axis.

I hope I'm not asking too much. It will give you an excuse to go out to the shop and spend some time with your new toy... I mean... machine. :)

Cheers and thanks in advance!
Todd

The forum won't let me edit my last post so I'm adding another.

T Bredehoft,
One other question... how much space is there with the Z travel all the way down and the Y travel all the way towards the column? I'm assuming the factory way guards (rubber pieces) might get in the way. I'm thinking of how to install the X-axis scale in that area. A photo would be awesome too.

Thanks,
Todd

The forum won't let me edit my last post so I'm adding another.

T Bredehoft,
One other question... how much space is there with the Z travel all the way down and the Y travel all the way towards the column? I'm assuming the factory way guards (rubber pieces) might get in the way. I'm thinking of how to install the X-axis scale in that area. A photo would be awesome too.

Thanks,
Todd

Hi Todd,

I have posted some pictures of my DRO install here:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/pm25-mv-from-the-beginning.26618/#post-234314

I made a lot of custom brackets and took a lot of time to make sure everything was installed so that it could be removed/adjusted easily and was well protected from debris. There are 1001 was to do it and none of them the "right" way. Just do what makes sense for you. I was not super concerned with lost travel as I don't do any big stuff yet, bu may regret that in the future. We will see...

Back