June Machines!

Hi, Todd, I've been busy in the shop on another project, the one my son calls his night job. My machine is set up with a project in process, I'd just as soon not run the table around, The X stops are set just under 20 inches apart, I haven't attempted to move them, yet Y doesn't have stops, don't know how much it moves, either but yes the rubberized fabric way cover is there, between the table and the column, so is the DRO cover. It is as long as the table, minus one inch on the right end.

I opted for the two axis DRO, for two reasons, 1) I saves between 10 and 15% of the cost by not ordering the Z DRO, and 2) the quill has one. If you look at my picture you'll notice a 1 in travel indicator hanging on the power box, it measures the head movement. I've been plunge cutting using the quill, and it seemed to be OK, with the exception of some unwanted vibration, but as light as the mill is, its expected. I'm away tomorrow, will be back tomorrow night (Thurs) if I've missed some of your questions, keep asking, I spent 30 years doing this, (machining and coaching new tool room members) and mind not at all.

I got my tracking number today as well. I had also hoped for a 3 axis DRO, but regrouped and have started
the TouchDro build. I think I will need a couple 24" scales and a 12", but I also think I will wait until the
mill arrives next week before spending money on scales too long or worse too short.

Brav,
Thanks. I saw that thread and you had sent me some photos too. Nice job, by the way! Since this is another batch of machines I thought there may be small differences. I know these are supposed to have the 3 bolt head, for instance. I also wanted to see how others have done it.

T Bredehoft,
Thanks for the info. I figured the 3rd axis was an incremental adder and I might regret not having it.

To everyone, I would love to see more photos. In particular, your DRO installations. More ideas are always welcome.

I won't get my machines until early July because I asked to delay the shipping because of logistics on my end. So all I can do is plan and think about them... And enjoy them vicariously through you guys.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM 25 arrived! It arrived at the nearest UPS Freight terminal last week but we couldn't arrange a day. I was surprised that it was delivered on a full size semi. I met the driver at the closest paved road intersection, inspected the boxes and hauled it back with the tractor.

Delivery1.jpg

Delivery2.jpg

Back