K&T universal mill

I was out there the other week for the truck show and spent most of my time in the shop with them guys I met some really great people and am going to join up with them the one guy Dan was very helpful and had no problem showing me around
I’ve been doing the machinist thing as a hobby for around 4 years now and love it I have a Bridgeport, VanNorman 3R-10 , two monarch lathes (16cy,series 60-61 -16x30 ) DoAll 916C , and a Brickford super service drill press so far and work out in my shop when I can fixing stuff for the farmers in the area and fix the stuff I have also

My friend is Paolo (checkered shirt) - I probably met Dan too. They have a great steam engine collection too in another building
Yes I met him to he was setting up a big straight edge on there planer this past year during the steam and gas show I talked to him when I was there . All great guys

It doesn't surprise me, @DiscoDan has always been a shining example here; knowledgeable, patient, caring and sharing, and a great steward of the old machines at Tuckahoe.

-brino

So I went and looked at the K&T mill today and from what I saw it really needs a good cleaning has some surface rust other then that it’s in great shape and is very quiet running, everything works as it should and you can see the oil flowing thru the site glass like you should it has the universal head and also has the head with the vertical slotter , two over arm arbor supports and a bunch of tool holders I saw the drive gear for the slotting head and the owner said he has the drive gear for the vertical head also just had to locate it he had a fair amount of tools and such in his shop and the back story he purchased a vertical milling machine and the K&T came with it as a package deal from a small local machine shop that went out of business aside from that I don’t think it’s had a hard life and I can’t wait to get it home and start to go over it and clean it all up and I’ll be in the market for a parking attachment as that’s the one thing it doesn’t have

Attachments

• 276E611A-96A4-4320-BC75-B1D55C47B0F3.jpeg
    276E611A-96A4-4320-BC75-B1D55C47B0F3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • 37C8D6C8-127B-490A-B8F3-844071963D7F.jpeg
    37C8D6C8-127B-490A-B8F3-844071963D7F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
I think the slotting head is very rare. I see people requesting it and probably worth what you paid for everything. You hit the machine lottery. Well done. Dave

Yes sir I did !!!

Excellent. Congratulations!
It sounds in great shape and with most accessories....very rare!

What's a "parking attachment"?

Be careful with the move.

-brino

Back