Kidney stone 'Experts" opinion needed

To fish or not to fish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garage Dog

Registered
Registered
I ended up in the ER Monday a/m with severe pain from a kidney stone. Did I mention the pain was severe?

Anyway, they did a scan and I have a 2mm stone that has not yet passed.

Hope that it passes on its own and quickly. Whenever I feel a twinge in my kidneys, I break out in a cold sweat!

My grandmother had seven children and one kidney stone. She said that she would rather have seven more children than ever have another stone.

I hate the damn things, the pain has me bouncing off the walls.
My last episode a couple of months ago the charge nurse in emergency told me its the only time she has any sympathy for men in pain.
I dont remember what the injection was but the relief was wonderful.
2mm stone passed with no other problems after about 3 days.
It was a pale yellow cubic shape if you can imagine two cubes fused together so 8 corners protrude.

I've never had one.

When my dad was alive, he had them. One night he called the ambulance thought he had a stone causing him sever pain, after they got him loaded up they informed him he was having a heart attack. It must have been a milt one as he lived after they install a pig valve for another 10 or 15 years.

I hope the one you have passes soon without a lot more pain.

Thanks for the replies.

I posted this thread with a poll asking if I should take a chance and go fishing tomorrow or stay home but it looks like the poll didn't get attached.

I had one many years ago when I was in my late 20's. I happened to be "on the road" flying and had just checked into the hotel. I was extremely fortunate not to have been in the airplane when it happened. It was not fun.

The doctor later surmised that it might have come from drinking too much tea, which apparently can contribute to kidney stones.

That's surprising, tea is acidic- I would think it would tend to dissolve mineral stuff like stones

I had stones several times, calcium based; quit taking antacids in favor of other meds, problem went away.

My best friend and I were about 20 miles into the Yosemite back-country when he had a kidney stone attack. Then he OD'd on Vicodin trying to control the pain. This was pre cell phone, no choice but to hike out. Rough trip, glad we made it.

Had a couple years ago in my 20’s. Misery. Just wait it out.

Back