Kidney stone 'Experts" opinion needed

To fish or not to fish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had some, 2 to 3mm They tell me I have a 4mm still in the kidney but will not do anything with it as I should be able to pass it when it decides to move. The smaller one made me think breaking a bones was not all that bad. They gave me some thing that helped but it will let me keep at it and sent me home.

Had some, 2 to 3mm They tell me I have a 4mm still in the kidney but will not do anything with it as I should be able to pass it when it decides to move. The smaller one made me think breaking a bones was not all that bad. They gave me some thing that helped but it will let me keep at it and sent me home.

Interesting, I just got home from a follow-up apt at my doctor and the report he got said I had a 4mm stone still in my kidney. The paperwork I got from the hospital when they sent me home has no mention of another 4mm stone!!!!! I asked him if a 2mm stone sent me to the ER what the h#ll would a 4mm stone do? He said it wouldn't be any worse than a 2 mm stone. I called B.S. under my breath.

Ive had a 5mm lodged in my right kidney for a few years now. Its non-obstructing so the kidney doc and I are trying to dissolve it with calcium citrate/allopurinol and lots of water/lemon juice. It hasn't gone down in size yet, we just upped the dosage of calcium citrate, hopefully the next ultrasound shows some progress. Not looking forward to the day this sucker decides to pass!

Back