Lagunmatic CNC machine why not!

I couldnt wait... i made some little jumpers.
Ive only got the X axis servo driver plugged in. Everything is disconnected from from the other two servo drives.
Pins 14 and 15 are tied to together and connected to pin 11
Press power on and the fans dont come on and the servo motor slowly slowly turns.
press the reset button on the SD and nothing happens. Other than the servo does not get any juice, stops moving only while the reset button is held down.
I would think that the fans turning on would be indication that the SD is on.
Tried the 1.5v battery in series, applied to pin 2. Nothing. Make sure I was doing this right I connected the signal wire to the negative end of the battery and a 1kohm resistor to the positive and touched the number 2 pin.
Not sure what I should try next.

Im not sure if something should be done with A/B jumpers on J2, they where plugged in part of the fagor control box

Last edited:
The motor slowly turning when the drive is powered up is fine for now. That just means that the balance is not exactly correct, but this is not a problem at all, at least at this stage.

A 1.5V battery connected between pins 2 and 4 on J1 should cause the motor to spin up at about 300 RPM or so.

The A/B jumper should be in the A position for single ended operation, this is what you are using. This allows pin2 on J1 to be active. As far as I know, J2 is not used at all in the current configuration. The Fagor system may have used the J2 pins, but they will not be used in the new configuration with the Kanalog.

I still am unclear where the fan power is coming from. Those should be 120VAC fans, but double check that. I have mine wired to the SSR so they come on at the same time the servos are powered up.

Sounds like Im slowly bumbling my way through.
I did not do the battery test correctly. :rolleyes: I do have a 1kohm resistor in there.
A/B jumper was in B. That was easy to correct.
The fans are 120v AC. Connected to the SSR. The relays are all wired to the power switch. Press Power on, and I have 120vAC at the terminals 1&4 , which is connected to the fans. Power too fans, but do not turn on.
Screenshot_2019-11-17 Lagunmatic CNC machine why not .jpg

As best I can tell from the photo a few posts ago, the SSR seems to be a 120V control side, so terminal 4 would be connected to the neutral wire, and terminal 1 would be the 120V feed from the power. What is the part number on the SSR? I can't read it in the photo.

So with 120V across those terminals, and those terminals connected to the fans, the fans should run. Either both fans are fried (unlikely) or they are not actually connected. Maybe tracing some wires would be in order.

One more problem solved. Im rather embarassed to say what the fan problem was. There was a broken piece of zip tie in there. I pulled the plug on the fan...confirmed 120v. Tried to turn the fan, it was stuck, found a broken zip tie in there.

MY X AXIS IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!
Exciting.
Its kinda doing its own thing, but its alive non the less.
Feel like I have cleared a pretty big hurtle.
I'll have to do a bunch of reading on how to tune the servo.
Cant thank you enough Jim for helping and teaching to get me this far.

Yes, you have cleared a big hurdle :clapping: Sorry I can't help you with the tuning, I have never worked with the Kanalog controller. I wouldn't worry about trying to tune the SD drives themselves, they should be close enough for now.

It's my pleasure to help out where I can. :)

Well those encoders where a really fun to figure out. I had to run some wires to the terminals on the caps pretty easy once I figured out what was going on. lol
Have all of them wired up correctly and reading. All differential encoders now.
X and Y servos appear to check out, just need to fine tune them.
Y axis servo is having some troubles, and I think its related to the Y axis SD.
In post #74 I circled wires #321 and #322. Measuring from the DC common on the capcitor to here I get 6v. Measuring the voltage on #291,292,266,267 I get 50v. These are the leads to the servo motors. I think the servo driver controls this? 6volts doesnt seem to be enough to control the motor with kmotion.

What exactly do wires #321 and #322 connect to?

Back