Lagunmatic CNC machine why not!

So the Z axis motor is not working? If you measuring 6 V across those wires that might be about the holding voltage.

The SD should output a voltage to the motor that is roughly proportional to the input command voltage, at a ratio of about 10:1

Correct Z axis is not working.
6v isnt enought to hold the motor. Its the same motor as my Y axis. Im guessing it needs to be around 50v? like the other two? I tried playing around with the pots on the SD but didnt get any change in voltage. I put the pots back to the position I started in.

At 50V that motor would be running at about 800 RPM. You have to measure across the motor power wires to read the voltage going to the motor, not read to the power supply common on the cap.

What is the output voltage from the Kanalog to the Z axis drive? And does it change when you try to jog the Z?

There is small jump on the kanalog for the Z axis. maybe .8v. Thats in the step screen, if I try and jog it in kmotioncnc it just disables the drive

Watching the Analog I/O on Kanalog the DACs for Z drive command up to 3v

There is small jump on the kanalog for the Z axis. maybe .8v. Thats in the step screen, if I try and jog it in kmotioncnc it just disables the drive

Why does it disable the drive?

3 volts should run the motor at around 200 RPM I think. Is that voltage actually getting to the drive?

Ill try and track down the wires and measure at the servo motor. I would think that it would need a little voltage at idle to hold in place coming from the SD. Is there a way to turn the SD up a little?

Back