Large Wooden Crate

.....I will be returning the entire machine very soon! ...

I have just sent you a PM with the warranty return address on it. I'll let you know when it is ready for you to pick up again

cheers Phil

Nice! I almost said something last night about that crate looking exactly like mine, which contained almost exactly the same lathe.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I neglected to take many setup pictures because by the time I got around to getting it on the forklift and through the shop door it was dark out. Fortunately there was a full moon!

Anywho, where she is sitting pretty in her new location. Nobody told me that when you have a lathe with a footbrake and coolant running through the stand, things get a whole lot more exciting!

1440LB.JPG

Thanks for the kind words and offers to take it for warranty repairs! :lmao:

More to come gentlemen!

1440LB.JPG

Got it all setup and ready to make some chips!
PMDRO.JPG

Thus far I am very happy with the lathe, and couldn't be happier. General quality and finish seems superior to my precious green machine.

The only two gripes I have are that the tailstock is MT4, Apposed to the MT3 that was in listed in the description. All my current tooling is MT3, but this is nothing that a few new drill chuck MT4 arbors and a $15 adapter won't fix!

Also, And something I need help with is that the chuck turns the opposite direction in which the big red lever is thrown in...What did I mess up this time? I assume it's electrical, but I have no idea how to read electrical diagrams...Anywho, I'm gonna go and try not to make the problem worse.

I'll post a full write-up of the lathe and my experience later this evening.

PMDRO.JPG

Looking good...

I'll find-out about the MT4 vs MT3 issue. Maybe there is a different ram that can be obtained... Don't know but I'll find-out. As for the motor, when you push the lever down, it should spin in the normal cutting direction. If it's not doing that, then the terminal block wiring in the motor is probably reversed. First, let me know what direction it spins when the lever is pushed down.

Ray

My 1440BV has MT4 on the tail stock, MT6 on the spindle and uses a D1-5 camlock. On my case this is as advertised.

I had to purchase a few MT3-4 sleeves but I was expecting to. The supplied centers and chuck were all MT4.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Looking good...

I'll find-out about the MT4 vs MT3 issue. Maybe there is a different ram that can be obtained... Don't know but I'll find-out. As for the motor, when you push the lever down, it should spin in the normal cutting direction. If it's not doing that, then the terminal block wiring in the motor is probably reversed. First, let me know what direction it spins when the lever is pushed down.

Ray

The MT4 vs MT3 Is really no issue at all, just means I need to invest in a whole $25 worth of adapters, no big deal!

When I push the lever down it spins in reverse, or clockwise. I have to pull the lever up to get it to spin counter-clockwise and cut.

The MT4 vs MT3 Is really no issue at all, just means I need to invest in a whole $25 worth of adapters, no big deal!

When I push the lever down it spins in reverse, or clockwise. I have to pull the lever up to get it to spin counter-clockwise and cut.

The easiest way to fix that is to follow the wires from the switch on the op-rod that go into the electrical panel and swap the two switch wires. It's a two-way switch and there are three wires. One is either black or grey for the neutral wire. Switch the position of the other two wires on the terminal panel.

Ray

Back