Lathe Moving Help South SF Bay Area

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anyone available to help me get a lathe from Gilroy to my home in Santa Cruz? There are two machine skates on-site, I will rent a trailer to pull behind my pickup truck but any assistance would be great between now and next Sunday.

DSCN1435.JPG

I'll feed you well, or can pay cash if that's what it takes.

John

Sorry for the cross-post admins, just don't know how many people read the whole forum.

Anyone available to help me get a lathe from Gilroy to my home in Santa Cruz? There are two machine skates on-site, I will rent a trailer to pull behind my pickup truck but any assistance would be great between now and next Sunday.

View attachment 330817

I'll feed you well, or can pay cash if that's what it takes.

John

Sorry for the cross-post admins, just don't know how many people read the whole forum.

I can help. I do have some rigging stuff that may be useful too. Any day except Friday works for me.
Great, I have a drop deck trailer reserved for tomorrow and am planning on picking it up after work around 5:30pm in Gilroy.
Another member has also volunteered and I bought my engine hoist yesterday.
John

Great, I have a drop deck trailer reserved for tomorrow and am planning on picking it up after work around 5:30pm in Gilroy.
Another member has also volunteered and I bought my engine hoist yesterday.
John
Sounds good. When and where to meet?

Wow!!!!!

What can I say, we have such an awesome group here. From making a deal on Saturday to getting it home today, you guys rock :encourage:

I can definitely say moving a 1500lb lathe is best done with a crew of three and a drop deck trailer too, reading all the machine move stories here might have prepared me a little bit but having the help of two guys who have done it before is definitely the only way it could have happened so smoothly.

I'll post up more pictures of my project (and it really is a project) soon but here's the first one.

DSCN1439.JPG

Thank you again, your help means more than I can say....

John

Congratulations on your new lathe John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back