Lathe Moving Help South SF Bay Area

It was cracked at the bolt holes. Only the front part came off. Was thinking of going back to look but unsure it’s worth the effort (or the risk, it’s on a busy freeway.

I think it's worth going to look. Even if you find a replacement it won't align properly without regrinding everything. Scraping is probably not an option. Bay area freeways being what they are, go look about 3 am. Bars are closed for Covid, so that's about as good as it will get.

Likely there is a guy waiting with the part in hand and ready to hand out a ticket for an unsecured load!
Pierre
I actually pulled over right when it happened. We figured it was something thrown up from the road, didn’t realize what it was until we got to Santa Cruz.

I actually pulled over right when it happened. We figured it was something thrown up from the road, didn’t realize what it was until we got to Santa Cruz.
That narrows down where to look a whole lot. :encourage:

Where’d it happen? I’m in Gilroy maybe I could take a look.

FWIW I think that lathe is probably around 800lbs. Maybe 1000 with the stand.

What did you pay for it? I bought my 13x40 a couple years ago for $1200.

Where’d it happen? I’m in Gilroy maybe I could take a look.

FWIW I think that lathe is probably around 800lbs. Maybe 1000 with the stand.

What did you pay for it? I bought my 13x40 a couple years ago for $1200.

Traded straight across for my 6" Craftsman.

Approximate net weight lbs 1324lbs according to the manual.

John

Back