Layout Fluid vs Sharpie: Which is preferable?

lol so it is. Sorry, I didn’t look at it closely just saw dykem. Maybe that’s why it didn’t work so well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rwm
There already is such a thing! I tried one a few years ago though and was disappointed. I don’t remember exactly what I didn’t like about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
or this, the wide felt tip.

Reactions: rwm
Haven't tried it (or don't remember) but wouldn't dipping iron into copper sulfate dissolved in water result in the copper plating onto the iron? Probably have some copper sulfate in a bottle somewhere. Not particularly wanting to experiment with it, seems to be toxic to people and fish.

Back in the Dark Ages (40+ years ago) there was a permanent marker called "Hi-Impact" that was far superior to Sharpies. It had a fairly wide tip and the ink was very dark black. It left a thicker, darker layer on the part. It was very resistant to abrasion, but removed with alcohol or thinner.

Since the development of civilization requires anything of quality to be pulled off the market, Sharpies displaced it.

The copper sulfate quickly plates on to the clean steel. It seems to resist grinding heat better. The tip came from and old tool and die hand. Toxic? Not going to put it on My burgers anyway.

Back