Llambrich Ball Bearing Chuck

Ken. It is a ball bearing. Didn't you buy one of these? I'm certain it is made in Spain.

I did order a Vertex ball bearing chuck from amazon.ca but it was temporarily out of stock so I cancelled the order found an original Jacobs ball bearing(14N) for sale, I bought that instead, it cleaned up very nicely, I am 100% convinced it was a better choice.
I'm thinking about taking this one apart but don't want to void the return.
If you go with that option, you may bring it back to silky smooth with some penetrating lube spray like Kroil , then you got a brand new ball bearing chuck with hardened jaws and all for a fraction of a new Rohm chuck. I think that is not a bad move .

Last edited:
I think that will be the days project. I assume it will come apart like a Jacobs.

Whats wrong with a Jacobs 18N ? :concerned:

Nothing. Probably bigger than I need. The 18N was going on the lathe.
Bought a new sleeve, balls and thrust collar, jaws and split nut. It was so bad it was completely unusable. At first I thought the guy sold me a newer pair of jaws but that was not the case. I concluded that the body was bent or sprung. I've heard that can happen if the drill bit is tightened to hard.

Ah ok . They'de have to crank that thing with a cheater bar to bend that ! I'm waiting on someone on here to forward his wish list , but I have the 11s ,the 14s a 16 and a couple of 18s . I think he is looking for the smaller ones , but I'll let you know ( if you are looking for them) :)

If I could get an 18 cheap enough I have all the parts for one. Minus an arbor.

R8 ? MT? Straight ?:grin:

For a tailstock ;) Ok , let me find out what Mike is looking for and we'll go from there .

Back