Llambrich drill chucks?

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I need a 3/4" drill chuck on a mt3 for use with my lathe and drill press. There is a huge gap between a cheap Chinese chuck and a Jacob's.

I want a keyed ball bearing chuck. I'm trying to avoid China. Llambrich seems to be the only chuck right in the middle cost wise. Any thoughts?

I have one I use on my mill all the time. It's great. Very smooth, holds well. No complaints.

Nothing bad to say about Lambrich. But there is a big difference between cheap Chinese and quality Chinese/ Taiwanese these days. So if this is not a principal objection have a look at the Vertex chucks too. I have Vertex keyed, Albrecht and PM keyless and rarely need a keyed chuck. The PM keyless (it actually has a spanner you can use to tighten it) gets the most use and holds even big drill bits without the need to go for a keyed chuck. And looking at lathe / drill press use you may not need the precision of a high-end German Rohm/Albrecht/.... Not what you asked but the ultra-precision PM ($130) is by far the best value for money chuck I have and far better than the average Chinese chuck (I have one of these too).

Nothing bad to say about Lambrich. But there is a big difference between cheap Chinese and quality Chinese/ Taiwanese these days. So if this is not a principal objection have a look at the Vertex chucks too. I have Vertex keyed, Albrecht and PM keyless and rarely need a keyed chuck. The PM keyless (it actually has a spanner you can use to tighten it) gets the most use and holds even big drill bits without the need to go for a keyed chuck. And looking at lathe / drill press use you may not need the precision of a high-end German Rohm/Albrecht/.... Not what you asked but the ultra-precision PM ($130) is by far the best value for money chuck I have and far better than the average Chinese chuck (I have one of these too).
My most used drill chuck is a PM 1/2 keyless. Unfortunately they don't go up to 3/4".

Agree on the PM 1/2" keyless. Nice unit.

I also picked up a decent used Albrecht 0-10mm. Still needs to be disassembled and cleaned.

Apologies, you did ask for 3/4" capacity. What about Vertex 19BXH? Have a look:

I ordered a few times from Rotagrip and they are great. S&H is a bit more from the UK than US suppliers but they have better pricing on Vertex and normally you save on the VAT (UK is 20%).

Back